Merritt’s Store and Grill – Keeping a Tradition Alive
Where Work Meets Play

Merritt’s Store and Grill – Keeping a Tradition Alive

Merritt’s Store and Grill, located just south of UNC’s campus off U.S. Highway 15-501, originally opened in 1929 as a gas station and local convenient store. The tiny white store has evolved into an iconicrestaurant where community and mouth-watering food intersect. Bob and Robin Britt took over the store in 1991 where it continued to … Continue reading